Course at a glance
- Course: Basics of radiology and interventional radiology
- Total Duration: 3 Hours 46 Mins
- Medium of instruction: English
- Fee is US $ 22
About the Course
In the present world of evidence-based medicine Radiological Imaging is one of the most commonly prescribed investigations. It is popular because it is widely available, cheap and non-invasive, and can give accurate and reliable clinical information. In this scenario it goes a long way to invest time and training in developing an insight into the basics of radiology. This course achieves that, while covering topics from the physical principles of various imaging techniques and modalities, digital radiography ultrasound, CT, MRI, radiation protection, archiving,etc.
2. Approach to Viewing Chest X-Ray Basics
a)Normal Chest Radiograph
3. Basics of CT and MRI
4. Picture Archiving and Communication Systems
5. Nuclear Medicine
6. Basics of Ultrasound
7. Introduction to the Physics of Ultrasound
a) Digital Radiography
8. Interventional Radiology
9. Contrast Studies in Radiology
a) Contrast Media in Imaging
Course Delivery Format
Taking leaf from Winston Churchill’s philosophy of “always ready to learn although … not always like being taught”, Commonwealth Medical Evarsity is transforming medical education by garnering learning empowered by the interactive platform of digital technology. Commonwealth Medical Evarsity model of blended education integrates best practices of ‘chalk and board’ with emerging technologies, purporting to make mockery of fragmented medical care, that is the bane of the rising costs of health care today!
The Commonwealth Medical Evarsity offers best of the models of blended education through online lectures, with the convenience of self-study at one’s own pace, time and place, complemented by online faculty interactions and clinical exposure through hospital rotations.
A rich learning environment is provided through the SmarTeach Learning Platform with access to:
- Online lectures delivered by experts in respective fields. The students can view the lecture any number of times using tools to conveniently play/pause, forward/rewind, skip/review, bookmark
- Included in these lectures are hundreds of text slides, illustrations and appropriate 2D and 3D animations, audios and videos to make concepts easy to understand
- Facility for the student to bookmark specific segments of a running lecture and ability to add your own notes for later review.
There is a final exam that will be conducted online at the end of the course
The Course fee is US $ 22
Join the Program