Course at a glance
- Course: Basic Sciences related to Diabetes Mellitus
- Total Duration: 6 Hours 51 Mins
- Medium of instruction: English
- Fee is US $ 40
About the Course
The various metabolisms in the body are highly integrated and interconnected. Any changes anywhere can sequence an effect in any other remote step of metabolism. At the heart of the disease Diabetes Mellitus, is the carbohydrate metabolism. Understanding this metabolism and its regulations is at the crux of managing Diabetes. This course deals with carbohydrate metabolism and its regulation in detail.
1.Pancreas Gross Anatomy
a)Endocrine Pancreas- Insulin
b)Endocrine Pancreas- Other Hormones
5. Regulation of Glycolysis
7. Glycogen Metabolism
8. HMP Shunt
9. Metabolism of Fructose Mannose Galactose and Lactose
10. Metabolic Changes in Fed and Unfed state
Course Delivery Format
Taking leaf from Winston Churchill’s philosophy of “always ready to learn although … not always like being taught”, Commonwealth Medical Evarsity is transforming medical education by garnering learning empowered by the interactive platform of digital technology. Commonwealth Medical Evarsity model of blended education integrates best practices of ‘chalk and board’ with emerging technologies, purporting to make mockery of fragmented medical care, that is the bane of the rising costs of health care today!
The Commonwealth Medical Evarsity offers best of the models of blended education through online lectures, with the convenience of self-study at one’s own pace, time and place, complemented by online faculty interactions and clinical exposure through hospital rotations.
A rich learning environment is provided through the SmarTeach Learning Platform with access to:
- Online lectures delivered by experts in respective fields. The students can view the lecture any number of times using tools to conveniently play/pause, forward/rewind, skip/review, bookmark
- Included in these lectures are hundreds of text slides, illustrations and appropriate 2D and 3D animations, audios and videos to make concepts easy to understand
- Facility for the student to bookmark specific segments of a running lecture and ability to add your own notes for later review.
There is a final exam that will be conducted online at the end of the course
The Course fee is US $ 40
Join the Program