Course at a glance
- Course: Basic Genetics
- Total Duration: 10 Hours 4 Mins
- Medium of instruction: English
- Fee is US $ 63
About the Course
In this age of systems biology and customized medicine genetics are playing a pivotal role in the way we are approaching diseases and managing them. This course on Basic Genetics deals with the abcs like DNA and chromosome structures, cell division, pedigree, autosomal dominant and recessive inheritance, numerical and structural chromosomal abnormalities and other genetic disorders.
1.Overview of Human Genetics and Present Scenario
a)Basics of Human Genetics
b)Biotech in Human Welfare
c)Genetic Tests for Better Health Care
b)Morphology of Chromosomes
3.Cell Division and Cell Cycle Regulation
c)Cell Cycle DNA Synthesis and Repair
5. Autosomal Dominant Inheritance
6. Autosomal Recessive Inheritance
7. Numerical Chromosomal Abnormalities
8. Structural Abnormalities Involving Human Chromosomes
9. Pathology of Genetic Disorders
Course Delivery Format
Taking leaf from Winston Churchill’s philosophy of “always ready to learn although … not always like being taught”, Commonwealth Medical Evarsity is transforming medical education by garnering learning empowered by the interactive platform of digital technology. Commonwealth Medical Evarsity model of blended education integrates best practices of ‘chalk and board’ with emerging technologies, purporting to make mockery of fragmented medical care, that is the bane of the rising costs of health care today!
The Commonwealth Medical Evarsity offers best of the models of blended education through online lectures, with the convenience of self-study at one’s own pace, time and place, complemented by online faculty interactions and clinical exposure through hospital rotations.
A rich learning environment is provided through the SmarTeach Learning Platform with access to:
- Online lectures delivered by experts in respective fields. The students can view the lecture any number of times using tools to conveniently play/pause, forward/rewind, skip/review, bookmark
- Included in these lectures are hundreds of text slides, illustrations and appropriate 2D and 3D animations, audios and videos to make concepts easy to understand
- Facility for the student to bookmark specific segments of a running lecture and ability to add your own notes for later review.
There is a final exam that will be conducted online at the end of the course
The Course Fee is US $ 63
Join the Program